Art Technology and Software.
Kochi –682 030.
Production Support Analyst – ART/PS/004
Production Support Analyst profile being recruited is making sure that the existing software architecture within the business is working well and being used efficiently. You will be involved with a blend of programming and administration tasks; working with various stakeholders to resolve technical problems through analysis, diagnosis and solution definition. The role will require a balance of technical skills, business knowledge, troubleshooting expertise, and excellent soft skills.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Provide technical and application support to the 24x7 operation (on a rota basis) of the production environment ensuring that Service Delivery meets the required standard.
• Deliver professional 2nd-3rd line application support for middleware and integration systems, performing in-depth root cause analysis or request fulfilment
• Drive excellence in application monitoring, log mining and performance tuning.
• Identify opportunities for more effective use of resource across the operations, 2nd Line and 3rd line support teams through co-operation, knowledge sharing, optimum allocation of tasks
• Produce high quality support documentation and diagrams on collaborative platforms e.g. Wiki
• Investigate and prioritise requests for support raised by business users.
• Investigate root cause and impact of incidents and escalate to 3rd line support and management where appropriate.
• Ensure all investigations and work undertaken is logged in a timely and comprehensive manner.
• Monitor progress of requests for support and ensure users and other interested parties are kept informed.
• Document and implement work rounds and revised procedures for both Application Support and Operations teams.
• Complete regular tasks to ensure system availability and follow up exceptions accordingly.
• Ensure correct procedures are followed and SLAs achieved when progressing tasks and that procedures and checklists are kept up to date.
• Focus on completing work within agreed timescales and reducing any downtime and operational impact
• Adhere to appropriate departmental and company procedures and policies: change control, security, auditing, release promotion, configuration management, incident management
• Change Implementation
o Participate in the planning and implementation of software and configuration changes to the live environment in accordance with release instructions, agreed service impacts and timescales.
o Work alongside project teams (analysts, developers, testers and implementation managers) during software release.
o Work with the operations team to ensure changes are implemented and handed over appropriately and ensure updates are made to operational procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
• 5+ years of experience as an Application/Production Support Analyst or similar role.
• Experience in a Windows based 24/7 environment including 1st/2nd line support
• Experience in writing and using transact-SQL queries
• Experience in an low latency, high volume application support role, administering, configuring & maintaining some of the following multi-tier environment:
o OpsView (Nagios)
o MS SQL/Windows
o Scripting/coding experience in Python or Powershell.XC
• A logical approach and ability to think outside the box when problem solving and the flexibility to work in a fast changing 24/7 operational support environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent technical discipline.
• Ability to deal with both technical and non-technical staff and all levels of management
• Excellent organisational, interpersonal skills
• A great communicator
• Proven experience with several of the following
o Internet security
o Java Frameworks
o IIS Server knowledge
• Experience in the financial sector, ideally involving payment processing
• Experience of working in a high pressure environment where system functionality has a direct effect on the bottom line.
• Understanding of transaction processing systems, preferably with some exposure to electronic point of sale and ATMs
• Knowledge of ITIL (the IT Infrastructure Library) for service management
• This role provides 24/7 out of hours support on a rota basis.
• Flexibility with working outside of core business hours at short notice
• Working in international business and support hours may incorporate extended business hours in order to accommodate local working times
The project operates in a secure environment and all candidates will be Credit and Background checked to the extent permitted by law.