2Base Technologies Pvt Ltd
8A1, Tower 1, TransAsia Cyber Park,
Infopark Phase II SEZ,
Kochi, KL, India - 682303
IT ENGINEER / LINUX ADMINISTRATOR
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Previous working experience as a Linux Administrator for minimum 2 years
• IN depth knowledge of Linux: RedHat, CentOS, Debian, etc.
• Solid knowledge in FTP, SSH, DNS, SSL, HTTP, HTTPS, LDAP, SMTP, Caching
• Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages
• Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Nginx, Apache,
• Tomcat, MySQL, Postgres, PHP, Python, NodeJS etc.
• Familiarity with load balancing, firewalls, etc.
• Proficient with network tools such as iptables, Linux IPVS, HAProxy, etc.
• Experience with virtualization technologies.
• Ability to build and monitor services on production servers
• Experience in handling hardware installation and maintenance (server, firewalls, switches etc..)
• Experience on the hardware elements and understanding on all hardware infrastructure includes,
workstations / servers / firewalls / switches / etc.
• Excellent Knowledge in Web Hosting Control Panels like Cpanel, Plesk, Direct Admin etc
• Knowledge in managing server with Terminal / SSH / Cloud interfaces
• Certifications like CCNA, MCSE are a plus.
• Familiarity with Continuous Integration Tools such as Jenkins etc.
• Exposure to Load balancer technology would be a plus.
• Experience in configuration management tools, such as Puppet, Ansible etc.
• Experience in scripting languages such as Python or Bash
• Knowledge of integrated maintenance tools
• Installation, configuration and administration of various Linux/Unix platforms.
• Troubleshooting problems pertaining to system performance, network administration.
• Performing all configuration changes to software and patching, firmware upgrades.
• Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments.
• Consult with customers to deploy best practices in their development, QA, DevOps and operations teams
• Deploy Dev/QA/Stage/Prod environments and configuration.
• Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment
• Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment.
• Managing servers through Terminal / SSH / Cloud interfaces / CPanels / Plusk.
• Preparing RCA (Root Cause Analysis) for High Severity issues.
• Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning.
• Proactively maintain and develop all Linux infrastructure technology to maintain a 24x7x365 uptime
• Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on servers, workstations, and
network hardware and ensure that all systems are operating correctly.
• Manage hardware issues and find solutions for the team & infrastructure.
• Maintain and ensure minimum downtime of VPN, VoIP and Internet access.
• Hardware Inventory - Manually track & update the hardware movement in asset register with immediate
• Daily Monitoring - Check Server events, Email Server alert and physical health, take necessary action if
any hardware failure / abnormal observed.
• 2- 6 YEARS