Wing 1, Second Floor,
Infopark Kochi Phase II,
SEZ, Kochi, India
We are looking for a motivated and talented Front End Engineer to join our continually expanding Software Engineering team.Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
Your primary focus will be the development of all front-end applications and the development of web interfaces.You will be responsible for :
- Modeling complex business processes into software components, design and build the UI, often from scratch.
- Building front-end services which are efficient; with abstracted, reusable components and systems.
- Creating cross-browser compatible and standards-compliant CSS-based page layouts.
- Understanding user and designer feedback to incorporate changes into the interface.
- Working with the Software team, Product team, Marketing team to develop ideas for new frontend
requirements or renovating existing front end systems.
- Understanding and implementing information architecture and basic understanding of wire frames.
- Selecting, optimizing and, in some cases, creating graphic elements for a site and also optimizing
applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Developing prototypes for higher management for their consideration and approval.
- Monitoring front end systems to determine whether they are performing as expected and making corrections
and adjustments as necessary.
- Establishing engineering tools and processes for feature tracking, bug tracking, build, release, test
management, and support.
Required Technical Expertise:
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code version control such as Git.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Good understanding of connecting Front-end applications with REST API or other web services.
- Bachelor of Engineering or Masters of Computer Applications.