Applied Payments Technology Pvt Ltd.
Infopark Kochi campus,
Infopark Kochi P.O.,
Kakkanad, Kochi - 682042
Lead Software Engineer
Applied Payments is an exciting B2B fintech company working with some of the world's biggest transaction processing and banking institutions. We love that the projects we work on touch the lives of millions of people every day, making a real difference – whether that’s giving an aspiring businesswoman access to banking for the first time, financial inclusion for the poor or distributing government financial aid to thousands of students.
We hire the best of the best and we offer great opportunities for both personal growth and career progression. Best believe that in this role you will be joining a dynamic, highly skilled, results driven and delivery-focused team of developers.
The Role or What You’ll Do
As a Lead Software Engineer within our Software Engineering team, you will be recognized as a technical expert in development activities of Applied Payments solutions. You will be at the forefront of some of our key projects providing first class software technologies in accordance with customer expectations and contractual agreements ensuring new and existing AP customers receive a first-class service.
You will be exposed to the exciting and fast paced world of FinTech, learning about Digital Transaction processing systems, Payments Switches, Debit & Credit Card systems, ATM & POS driving ,Mobile, Wallet and Virtual Cards, e-Commerce & Payment Gateways, Visa, Mastercard, RuPay standards along with ISO 8583, ISO 20022 , Open API. You will be part of team developing mission critical applications that are capable of processing thousands of transactions at a split second and a multitude of financial transaction security mechanisms and Cryptographic operations which involves working on some of the world’s most complex algorithms, software and hardware systems that is only privy to those working with us!
Minimum of 3 yrs experience as a software engineer specifically developing high performance applications using NodeJS, Type Script, Core Java, SQL, PostgreSQL etc. along with database technologies, design, and development.
Key responsibilities include:
• Writing high-quality code to program complete applications on schedule.
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices, specifically using NodeJS, Type Script, Core Java, SQL, PostgreSQL etc. along with database technologies, design, and development.
• Understanding client requirements and how they translate to new application features.
• Collaborating with development team and other IT staff to set specifications for new applications.
• Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
• Create and maintain software documentation.
• Work with developers to design algorithms and flowcharts.
• Produce clean, efficient code based on FinTech specifications and compliant with PCI/PA DSS standards.
• Integrate software components and third-party programs.
• Verify and deploy programs and systems.
• Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software.
• Gather and evaluate user feedback.
• Recommend and execute improvements.
• Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
• Supporting the formation of a world-class Enterprise, Solutions and Technology Architecture capability to service our Customers in the Banking & Financial Services (BFS) industry sectors.
• Establishing and developing strong professional relationships on all engagements through hands-on design and development work.
• Determining and capturing client needs by employing appropriate frameworks, tools, and techniques to assess the client's business maturity, problem-space / opportunity-space and goals.
• Devising innovative approaches for delivering tailored solutions leveraging advanced technical competency and industry knowledge
• Delivering comprehensive architectural and technology solutions across multiple technology families, platforms, functional and industry domains using diverse tools, frameworks, and technologies
• Working both as an individual contributor, a team manager and/or a member of an engagement team, as necessary to deliver value. Supporting definition of functional and non-functional requirements.
• Anticipating potential objections and demonstrating leadership to adopt the most appropriate view.
• Maintaining ownership of the design throughout the Software Development Life Cycle, ensuring continued alignment to end-to-end designs, reviewing and approving component designs driven from the wider end to end design.
• Anticipating and resolving engagement issues. Communicate resolution measures to senior client management.
• Proactively identifying and assisting in the timely resolution of any technical or client service issues
• Providing clear and complete status reports to facilitate departmental reporting and issue capture and/or resolution.
• Effective communication skills to ensure consistency of message across multiple teams.
• Train and mentor junior software engineers