Verteil Technologies Private Limited,
Thapasya IT Building,
Kochi - 682042
We are looking for a talented Product designer with 6 to 10 years of experience to design and shape unique, user-centric products and experiences. The ideal candidate needs to have exposure working in agile teams with developers, designers and business analysts. Should be able to make deliberate design decisions and measure and optimise the product (usually web based) to improve ease of use (usability) and create the best user experience by exploring many different approaches to solve end-users’ problems.
• Collaborate closely with developers, copywriters and visual designers.
• Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
• Develop UI mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function.
• Build storyboards, user personas, user journeys and site maps to conceptualize designs and accurately convey project plans to clients and management.
• Identify and troubleshoot UX problems.
• Use recent studies and findings to establish the best overall design elements to include in UX design experiences.
• Work with the research and business team to plan and conduct remote or on-site user research and usability testing with real users to ensure the end-product design provides users with the optimum experience in terms of efficiency, effectiveness and engagement.
• Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles.
• Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards.
• Enhance user experience by creating seamless navigation through various digital programs and interfaces within the company.
Desired Skills and Competencies
• Six or more years of experience and proven track record.
• A minimum 5 years of experience in delivering UX design solutions with strong knowledge of B2B and B2C software applications.
• Excellent communication, presentation, storytelling skills and demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio.
• Experience with a variety of design and prototyping tools such as Axure, Figma, InVision, Justinmind and Sketch as well as the Adobe product suite.
• Up-to-date with the latest trends, techniques, and technologies in the Product Design domain.
• Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes & user flows.
• Highly creative, who can table ideas with problem solving mindset and Content Development
• Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
• Understanding of the limitations of web and mobile, with approaches/ ideas to flex those boundaries.
• Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon suggestions.
• Able to function independently and in a team environment with excellent collaboration skills. Be a great team player in working with agile teams.
• Well versed with Agile and UX processes and Working knowledge of UX research practices.
• Exposure working in an agile/ scrum development process with a collaborative multi-disciplinary team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs will be a bonus.
Education and Experience
• Over 6 years of professional experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role.
• Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), Human Factors, HCDE, or Cognitive Psychology will be considered as an advantage.
• A strong portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centred design solutions is a must.