Zealogics IT Solutions
9th Floor, A1, Trans Asia Cyber Park Infopark Phase-II, Cochin
Senior Electronics Engineer
The Senior Electronics Engineer would be part of product development projects at MIDC, with responsible for electrical subsystem design and testing which includes schematic design, circuit simulation, PCB design / fabrication / test, compliance with regulatory standards and EMI/EMC, interfacing with other technical functions such as mechanical and systems engineering. Products are typically electro-mechanical in nature, involving fluid circuitry.
· Perform electronics sub-system development, schematic design, circuit simulation, characterization, verification and compliance test efforts for products in partnership with a cross-functional R&D team, while meeting the requirements.
· Work with System Engineering and other cross functional team members to understand product requirements and convert them into electrical specifications.
· Develop detailed technical requirements and ensure accurate flow-down to sub-system qualification.
· Coordinate team effort of interdisciplinary engineers (systems, mechanical, firmware, and chemical) for design of the product.
· Perform the design analysis results (Stress, tolerance, timing etc) and provide technical expertise for technical tradeoff.
· Perform risk assessment for the product electronics and develop risk mitigation strategies by working with cross functional teams.
· Identify applicable regulatory and industry standards and ensure product can satisfy requirements of these standards.
· Work with operations and supply chain to ensure manufacturability of the product and identify contract manufacturers who can build the product. Participate in design transfer activities.
· Work with quality/reliability engineering to identify and minimize sources of technical and practical risks, and ensure the product meets medical device-related safety standards.
· Define the electrical architecture of medical products considering the usability, functionality, regulatory and compliance aspects.
· Maintain high quality documentation of the entire design as required by quality management system for business and regulatory authorities.
· Perform hands-on work in the lab, as required.
· Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication, Instrumentation Engineering or equivalent.
· 6+ years of work experience as electronics engineer in the design and development of multidisciplinary technical products.
· Experience with end-to-end electro-mechanical product development.
· Experience with FPGA or microprocessor-based control systems; analog and digital system design; power supply design; interfacing with sensors, actuators.
· Experience in end to end qualification testing for compliance and solving EMI issues in medical products.
· Experience working in a healthcare industry and in-depth knowledge of standards such as IEC 60601-1, IEC 60601-1-2 etc.
· Experience working in the hardware lab with full fluency with electronics equipment such a multi-meters, function generators, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power supplies, etc.
· Experience with PCB design and tools for schematic capture and simulation.
· Experience working with vendors for PCB fabrication and build; transfer of design for manufacturing.
· Experience of working with manufacturer to develop test fixtures for ICT and FCT.
· Experience with selection of electronic components and management of part obsolescence.
· Experience working on a complete product development lifecycle (project initiation, prototyping, iterative design, project completion, product release, and post-release maintenance).
· Demonstrated ability to complete complex technical tasks on time, with high-quality documentation.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience working with other functional areas (mechanical, firmware, chemical or systems engineering) for optimizing overall system design.
· Knowledge of basic mechanical engineering concepts (motors, pumps, valves, heaters), and/or biomedical concepts (human anatomy, diseases, diagnostics, therapy) strongly preferred.
· Working knowledge of dialysis therapy.
· Experience with embedded programming (C/C++/Assembly Language/LabVIEW).
· Knowledge of statistical tools and methods including Design of Experiments (DOE), Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA) etc.
· Knowledge of Six Sigma principles in product design and development.