Zealogics IT Solutions
9th Floor, A1, Trans Asia Cyber Park Infopark Phase-II, Cochin
Role: FPGA designer
Location: Cochin, Kerala
Mandatory Skill set: FPGA design experience with Verilog
Contribute to the specification, design, implementation, and validation of FPGAs within highly reliable electronics for ASML's EUV systems. Participate in cross-functional teams and work with multiple engineering groups to outline and create FPGA designs and associated engineering documentation. Design, implement and test new FPGA features while using robust methodologies defined as a part of the design process. Work with advanced technologies including digital communication (PCIe, 1G+ Ethernet, EtherCAT, etc), photo-detectors, signal acquisition, and distributed high precision timestamps. Assist cross-functional teams with the integration of the FPGA designs into the system environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create FPGA requirement specifications from contributing flow-down documents.
• Generate test specifications to track and ensure functional specifications are fully met.
• Ability to work independently as well as communicate and work well within the FPGA team.
• Interact with other design groups such as software and controls to facilitate the design effort.
• Ability to understand system requirements to formulate FPGA requirements, to write design specifications, develop memory maps, write test requirements, and develop a proof of validation required.
• Apply the use of best design practices with a strong bias of what it takes to deliver highly reliable designs.
• Own quality of all assigned deliverables.
BSEE required, or equivalent experience.
• MSEE preferred.
• Past experience with a variety of interfacing standards such as LVDS, LVPECL, LVCMOS required.
• 6+ years experience in electronic design, with hands-on experience in the requirements specification, detailed design, design validation and qualification.
• Deep knowledge and understanding of digital design fundamentals.
• Strong competence in FPGA tooling including synthesis, building, timing analysis and simulation.
• Experienced with architecting and coding FPGAs using VHDL.
• Hands-on experience with board, module and system-level electronic troubleshooting, including experience with engineering test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and bus analyzers.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a process-driven environment, with a structured problem-solving approach.
• SystemVerilog proficiency for design verification a big plus.
• Familiarity with PCIe, Gigabit Ethernet, SRIO FPGA cores a big plus.
• bash/Perl/Python scripting a big plus for verification, validation, and process automation.
• Familiarity with Linux/Unix OS is a plus.
• Knowledge of change management and revision control tools such as SVN or Git will be a plus.
• Strong communication skills including the ability to author technical specifications, and procedures.
• Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
• Can learn and apply new information or skills.
• Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
• Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency, and professionalism.
• Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
• Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
• Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
• Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
• Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrate open, clear, concise, and professional communication.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with the manager, co-workers, and customer.
• Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.