802, 8th Floor, Lulu Cyber Tower I Infopark SEZ, Kakkanad, Kochi - 682042
Associate Project Manager
Total Experience : 7+ years
Work Location : Cochin
1. Strong hands-on experience in any technology and a fair knowledge on Database
2. Experience in splitting down a requirement into basic units of development (user stories and tasks) and estimate them
3. Passionate about developing functional and technical solutions for customer problems
4. Experience in conducting code reviews and ensuring code quality for self and the team
5. Passionate about going into functional & technical details to help the team achieve the goals
6. Experience in client management with good articulation, product requirement grooming/demos, product development with good engineering practices, UAT.
7. Experience in Application Development in Web/Mobile technologies with industry standard engineering practices (CI/CD, DevOps, Automated Testing, Unit Testing through Code, Automated Review Gates etc.)
8. Experience in going through end-to-end project delivery in Agile Methodology with hands on experience in Product Grooming, Agile Ceremonies, Development, Testing, Release and Maintenance of the product.
9. Experience in leading teams of size > 5
10. Nice to have – Experience in Project Scheduling, Resource planning and handling commercial management
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage a project team to efficiently deliver products with functional and technical quality
2. Passion to go into details/depth on project functional & technical aspects
3. Analyze business problems faced by the client and suggest solutions.
4. Be a true servant leader to the team and win the confidence of the team through interactions, professionalism, courtesy, respect, and knowledge.
5. Manage Client Relationships:
a. Build customer confidence through detailing, pro-activeness, business value additions, quality
b. Conduct regular status meetings with stakeholders and communicate threats identified, actions planned, milestone date forecasts, dependencies with client teams etc.
c. Negotiate and arrive at consensus on scope changes, change requests etc.
6. Manage Agile Engineering Processes:
a. Product Grooming - With the help of Lead BA decide the story priority for grooming.
b. Identify feature/tech gaps during grooming, involve BA/Architects as required to solve them
c. Sprint planning – Facilitate the Dev team to identify the tasks and absolute estimates for each story. Review the estimates and confirm sprint backlog based on the team capacity.
d. Daily Scrum meetings – Conduct daily scrum, identify challenges in sprint plan. Should be able to relate to the updates given by the team, identify slippages of ETAs and initiate corrective measures
e. Be able to track and unblock team members to achieve the sprint goal by closely accompanying scrum team, initiating discussions with relevant BA/Dev/Test/Architects/Clients
f. Willingness to verify User Stories (hands-on) to assess progress and identify issues
g. Track the defects inflow, identify root causes and take corrective actions
h. Maintain correctness of task tracking (JIRA) and repositories (Confluence etc.)
i. Sprint Reviews/Demo – Schedule Sprint Demos, Identify Stories for demo and prepare demo plan with the help of Leads. Track and close comments given during demo.
j. Sprint Retrospectives– Promote and ensure open feedbacks from team members
7. Manage Project Metrics
a. Prepare and track project schedule based on the defined scope, team size, dependencies etc.
b. Monitor work progress, identify the threats in schedule and inform management on impact with data points to substantiate
c. Prepare timesheets for T&M projects and ensure timely invoicing from clients
8. Handle Pre-sales:
a. Work with the marketing team to create project case studies, blogs etc.
b. Coordinate and prepare project proposals with BA, Architects etc.
9. Willingness to Travel to client sites for short – medium duration (1 week to 1 month).
10. Manage Team - Excellent team player bringing in the ‘One Team’ spirit, Mentoring Skills to help identify strengths and improve on weak areas
- Highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment
- Comfortable with proactive outward communication, leadership and positive about accepting challenges.