Cognicor Technologies Pvt.Ltd
1st Floor Thapasya Building,
Infopark, Kusumagiri P.O
Kakkanad, Kochi - 682030
Senior Product Quality Engineer
CogniCor is the leading AI Digital Assistant platform enabling Financial Services firms in the insurance, wealth management and retail banking sectors in the US market to accelerate business growth by improving efficiency in sales and support. Using CogniCor’s platform, our customers were able to achieve exceptional ROIs such as 35% reduction in calls, 30% reduction in call transfer rates and CSAT scores beyond 95%.
In 2020, we were recognized by some outstanding national and global awards - CogniCor was selected by NASSCOM as one of the Deep Tech Club startups, propelling deep technological research and product development in India. We won SheLoves Tech global award for the best female global technology company, Entrepreneur of the year Award sponsored by Microsoft and Diversity in Tech, invited by Monetary Authority of Singapore to speak in the Singapore Fintech Festival and spotlighted by Oracle as a startup that scales with the Oracle Knowledge Platform. We were also picked up by leading prestigious financial accelerators - Mass challenge fintech Boston, On Ramp insurance accelerator in Minneapolis run by Allianz Life and Securian Financial and nominated by VentureBeat for the Annual Women in AI award.
Your Roles & Responsibilities
As a Senior Product Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for driving high quality software releases at CogniCor. We believe quality is everyone’s responsibility, and you will play an important role in safeguarding the quality-first culture at CogniCor. You will collaborate with product managers, software engineers, SDETs and financial services customers to build comprehensive test strategies and plans that would help release products that delight our customers. You will have the opportunity to become a functional expert of our products, and at the same time dive deep to understand the technical stack. You will apply testing techniques to improve use case coverage in the most efficient and cost effective ways. You will automate repetitive tests/tasks in collaboration with other engineers and SDETs. We are looking for experienced individuals with an obsession for product quality and improving the customer experience.
How you’ll make an impact:
• Champion the Quality Enhancement model at CogniCor by helping and educating engineers to test better, early and often,
• Own and uphold Quality for your respective product area thereby improving the customer trust on CogniCor,
• Detect symptoms of software problems/ trends and collaborate to resolve their root cause,
• Be an advocate for our customers and drive visibility to unobvious but important problems. Collaborate with engineering, product and leadership teams to drive resolution,
• Help drive reduction of high severity production problems thereby improving customer experience and operational efficiency,
• Leverage Test Automation to scale testing needs of a fast growing company,
• Empower, enable and help software engineers to design and build software that keeps various customer use cases into consideration (Push for quality assistance),
• Help us build an inclusive, empathetic and respectful team that makes CogniCor an awesome place to work.
What we’re looking for:
• Minimum 4 years of experience in software testing (QA, QE, SDET) and at least 1 year of experience as developer.
• Experience with building test strategies, test plans and test prioritization,
• Manual exploratory testing experience on web and mobile applications,
• Experience with automation of test cases using languages such as Java/ Python/ JS and tools such as Selenium/ Cypress/ UIAutomator/Jmeter,
• A working understanding of Docker, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins and Git (BitBucket) and modern devops processes for SaaS platforms.
• A solid understanding of security, scalability and performance testing as applied to web applications.
• A solid understanding of front end, webhooks and APIs.
• A working understanding of AI systems and concepts such as Machine Learning.
• Good knowledge of testing processes and techniques and how to best apply them,
• Evangelisation of testing best practices,
• Ability to detect testability problems that impact speed of delivery and collaborate with other team members to resolve them.
• Excellent technical communication skills and ability to summarize key points in written and verbal format.